Thursday, June 28, 2012

Those Magnificent Flying Machines!

Those Magnificent Flying Machines!:
Father’ Day and airshows go hand in hand. It’s a great way to spend a day with dad…sort of like one big, outdoor barbeque. Heck! I like them myself, eying over the rows of vintage, and many times, colorful aircraft, some of which have some pretty interesting decals on them. Some of the aircraft can be on loan from traveling air museums. And, some of the museums put on a show right there in their own backyard, if they are adjacent to an airfield. Such is the case of the airshow put on each Father’s Day weekend at the Olympic Flight Museum, located at the Olympia Regional Airport, Washington State. A small museum, but they put on one heck of a show that always draws a big crowd. I’ve been to several of the shows over the years, so I thought I would share some my own photos of some of the aircraft displayed. I just know that some of you guys out there in blog land love these old War Birds, as they are called.

No comments:

Post a Comment